http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/TND/2017CoursesClasses.html for class and general information – listed under Technical Courses.
Hosted by the MSHP Law Enforcement Academy – June 26-30, 2017
Prerequisite: Students should be employed to perform telecommunicator (dispatcher/call taker) duties by a public safety communications agency.
Course Description: The APCO PST course meets the initial training requirements specified in Missouri Revised Statutes Chapter 650, Section 650.340 for telecommunicators. Building on foundational topics such as communication skills, call taking and radio techniques, the PST Course incorporates the most up-to-date information on technology and work-related issues in public safety communications centers. Students successfully passing the final exam (80%) receive certification demonstrating completion of a training course that meets and exceeds industry accepted national basic training standards.
- Introduction to Your New Career:
- Preparing for Your New Career
- Interpersonal Communications
- Telephone Communications Techniques:
- Call Processing
- Telephony, Traditional Technology
- Next Generation 9-1-1
- Telephony: TTY
- Telematics and Collision Notification Systems
- Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Related Technologies
- Radio Communications Techniques
- Radio Technology
- Call Classifications
- The Incident Command System
- Liability Issues
Tuition/Registration Fees: Registration fees are due by the first day of class. If fees are not paid in full prior to completion of class, certificates and continuing education hours will not be issued unless payment is received.
- $450.00 – tuition, meals, and lodging
- $270.00 – tuition and meals
Continuing Education Hours:
- 22 hours of Skill Development
- 14 hours of Technical Studies
- 2 hours of Interpersonal Perspectives
- 2 hours of Legal Studies
For general questions and additional course information, contact Roger Martin,
Missouri State Highway Patrol, Information & Communication Technology Division, 573-526-1212 or email@example.com
For questions concerning enrollment:
Jeanette Ford 573-751-3626 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is NOT provided by the Missouri Professional Training Partnership.