216 N Missouri St
Jackson, MO 63755
Missouri Professional Training Partnership
CANCELLED 1.19.2018 DUE TO LIMITED ENROLLMENT. PLEASE NOTE THE PST-1 SCHEDULED AT CAPE GIRARDEAU CITY.
In response to the approval of new standards for Public Safety Telecommunicators (PST) and PST instructors, APCO has updated its PST1 and PST1 Instructor courses to meet those standards. The new 7th edition courses replace the current 6th edition of the classes.
Some of the new topics included in the 7th edition courses include:
- 9-1-1 Disaster Preparedness in the PSAP
- Telecommunicator Emergency Response Taskforces (TERT)
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement programs
- Guidecards, the Design and Use in the PSAP
- NextGen and Other Emerging Technologies (Module Five – all new!)
- Record Management Systems
- Managing Specialty/High-Risk Calls
- The Need for Continuing Education and Professional Development
The Public Safety Telecommunicator 1, 7th Edition meets or exceeds American National Standards as contained in the ANSI approved Minimum Training Standard for Public Safety Telecommunicators (APCO ANS 188.8.131.525).