1975 N Sprigg St
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
MO Professional Training Partnership – hosted by Cape Girardeau Communications – $105 Non-Partner / $90 Partners
Ideal for training the new-hire or as a refresher for existing staff, APCO’s PST course covers the basics skills, knowledge and abilities every successful public safety telecommunicator needs to meet the demands of this critical work. The basic Public Safety Telecommunicator Training Course meets or exceeds the American National Standards as contained in the ANSI approved Minimum Training Standard for Public Safety Telecommunicators (APCO ANS 22.214.171.1245).
Building on foundational topics such as communication skills, calltaking and radio techniques, the PST course incorporates the most up-to-date information on technology and work-related issues in Public Safety Communications Centers. Topics include NextGen 9-1-1, emerging technologies, continuing education and liability.
Students successfully passing the final exam receive certification demonstrating completion of a training course that meets and exceeds industry accepted national basic training standards.
- Introduction to Your New Career
- Preparing for Your New Career
- Interpersonal Communications
- Telephone Communications Techniques: Call Processing
- Telephony, Traditional Technology
- Next Generation 9-1-1
- Telephony: TTY
- Telematics and Collision Notification Systems
- Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Related Technologies
- Radio Communications Techniques
- Radio Technology
- Call Classifications
- The Incident Command System
- Liability Issues
Meets Missouri Statue Requirements for initial training of joint communications center telecommunicators.